Method for testing EX-427 6/8mm matt black hinge premium shower enclosure
airtightness and water resistance:
1. Hose or showerhead with adjustable spray nozzle
2. Clean, dry towels or absorbent material
3. Assistant (optional)
1. Prepare the Shower Enclosure:
- Ensure that the shower enclosure has been properly installed according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- Make sure all seals, hinges, and components are securely in place.
2. Seal the Drain:
- Place a towel or absorbent material over the shower drain to prevent water from escaping.
3. Close the Shower Door:
- Close the shower door securely to create a closed and sealed environment.
4. Prepare the Water Source:
- Connect the hose or showerhead to a water source with adjustable water pressure. Make sure the water is clean and free from debris.
5. Water Spray Test:
- Begin by gently spraying water onto the shower enclosure's door, panels, frame, and seals.
- Start with a lower water pressure setting and gradually increase the pressure to simulate different levels of water exposure.
6. Observe for Leaks:
- Carefully observe the entire shower enclosure, focusing on areas where the glass panels meet the frame, hinges, seals, and corners.
- Look for any signs of water leakage, such as droplets forming on the inside or outside of the enclosure.
7. Inspect Door Swing:
- Open and close the shower door a few times while spraying water. Pay attention to whether water is entering the enclosure through the door hinge or gaps.
8. Check Bottom Seal:
- Inspect the bottom seal of the door for any signs of water seepage. Ensure that the seal is making proper contact with the shower base.
9. Repeat the Test:
- Move the water spray around different sections of the enclosure, including the corners and top frame, while observing for leaks.
10. Test Longer Durations:
- Allow the water spray to run for an extended period (e.g., 5-10 minutes) to simulate a longer shower. Continue to observe for leaks.
11. Inspect Exterior:
- After the test, check the exterior of the enclosure for any water droplets or signs of leakage.
12. Dry the Enclosure:
- Use clean, dry towels to wipe down the enclosure and remove any excess water.